It's the second annual bestie day! I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you a few fun facts about my amazing, smart, beautiful, strong, loyal BFF Lindsey...
- We met in the hallway of Connaught hall the first day of study abroad in London. She was one of the first people in our group that I met and we were pretty much joined at the hip from that day on.
- We spent the transitional years after college writing daily super long emails to each other about all the drama in our lives, then we'd call each other on our drives home to discuss what we'd spent all day emailing about. Everything seemed so important back then. Now our lives are filled with actually important things like babies and mortgages and I'd give anything to have the time to email like we used to.
- Lindsey pronounces my name Eeeaaallie, and when she gets really worked up about something, she says emphatically, "Oh my geeeaahd." It's the best.
- She's the most loyal person I've ever known.
- I will forever be envious of her perfectly white teeth.
- On paper, Lindsey and I couldn't be more different, but I think that's part of what makes our friendship so great... we don't have any of the little stuff in common so the basis of our friendship is the big stuff - our history, our shared experiences, the inside jokes. We don't chat about music, movies, or celebrity gossip, but we could spend hours talking about our relationships with our parents and siblings, our experience as mothers, work, and how we had no idea how good we had it in college. We don't get to talk nearly as often as either of us would like, but when we do we make it count... we have big laughs, and big cries, and sometimes big laughs at the end of big cries. Our talks are one of the things I treasure most in this world.
Love you, boo! Happy Bestie Day!!!! :-D