Rather than the usual Link Love post today, I'm taking a cue from Emily at Ever So Emily and doing this little quiz, instead. Enjoy, and happy Friday! :-D
1. Describe your blog in 5 words crafty, personal, quirky, honest, fun
2. Why did you start blogging? I originally just wanted a place to share my sewing projects, but it's evolved over the past few years to include food, DIY, and a lot more about me than I thought I'd want to share. I'm so grateful to have it as a creative outlet, and for the people who read and comment on my posts. Turns out I enjoy the interaction aspect of blogging more than any other part.
3. What's your favorite book? Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer... I first read this book about 5 years ago and was so blown away by it. I wanted to start reading it all over again the second I finished. It was so uniquely written, so powerful. I've gifted this book several times over the years. (And no, I haven't seen the movie because I'm certain it will ruin the book for me. Sorry, Tom Hanks!)
4. What were you like in high school? Oh gosh... cynical, insecure, awkward. Sorry, Bruce - my high school years definitely weren't my glory days! I viewed high school as the last stepping stone to getting the heck out of Northern Virginia, and couldn't wait to graduate. Looking back, I wish I hadn't been in such a rush to get through it... I wish I had embraced the fun and innocence of high school a bit more. But I learned a lot from those years about the kind of person I no longer wanted to be, and I'd like to think I'm a different person today.
5. Cat person or dog person? Definitely a dog person. Come on, just look at this face...
6. What's your favorite city in the world? That's so tough. For many reasons, I have to say London. I lived there the summer before my senior year of college and visited again with Jared before we started dating, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
7. Do you think J.Crew is overrated or the most perfect example of branding ever to exist? (or somewhere in between) I loooove J. Crew. It's a never ending source for styling inspiration, and I think they've moved into a great space of being trendy and classic all at the same time. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd probably buy the majority of my clothes at J. Crew and Anthro.
8. What app do you use most often? Facebook... runners up are Pinterest, Huff Post, PopSugar, Words With Friends, and Instagram. I use my iPhone a lot.
9. Are you a Mac or a PC? Mac! I have to use a PC for work, and it's okay, but I love love love our MacBook Pro.
10. What movie never fails to make you laugh? It's not really a movie, but Louis C.K.'s "Shameless" stand-up special is my go-to when I need a good laugh. It makes me laugh until I cry no matter how many times I watch it.